Friday, April 24, 2009

What Other People Said...

We join spokes together in a wheel,
but it is the center hole
that makes the wagon move.

We shape clay into a pot,
but it is the emptiness inside
that holds whatever we want.

We hammer wood for a house,
but it is the inner space
that makes it livable.

We work with being,
but non-being is what we use.
- Lao Tzu


It's my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconstancy is my very essence,' says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of time, like the best, are always passing away.
- Boethius (Anicius Manlius Severinus)


"If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC"
- Kurt Vonnegut


"If I can't dance to it, it's not my revolution."
- Emma Goldman


"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."
- Albert Einstein


"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
- Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment