Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Strangeling...

Just dust on his glasses
Wipe me away with the sky
Pull the blankets from children
Speak calm in a hurricane
You do know the script is backwards?

Rolling fists
Sandstone cliffs
Giant fish
Lavender mantra
I am Calvera

A gypsy Grandmother with an orange peel smile
Lady fortune teller; dream seller
Stellar ambitions for a daughter
Of a divine Chief
Crimson-lion-snake-tailed-whale-bone-necklace-wearer
The son of a part-time pallbearer

I am a placid Private
I just lost my Corporal
Now I'll lose the war

I feel ordinary- no flattery
I feel tired- no walking today
I feel useless- no apparent improvements
Drunk tongued awkward one
Solid lunged walking forward-run
My brain won't budge

I dreamt of violent people turning into lions
Eyes of miles and miles of ions
My neighbour hated my loud music
He was fiercely ill

Five fingers lead to one palm
Sprouting tall to touch the sun
Eating stars that fell to the window sill
It's more like photographs than film

A wood whittling box making occultist
Using small children's eyes to focus
Hocus pocus, whore and hostess
They came together like family
Drinking blood and lime happily
From Napoli- a soup made of lilly
Cannoli
I ate one full of napalm

No comments:

Post a Comment