Monday, June 6, 2011

The Accident Exorcist...

[work in progress]
I

I was thrust into blinding pristine unimagined chaos
sound    colour    warm breast    clean death
dumblocked with lips sewn, everything is new
and there are giants, foreign creatures laying me down!
down on cold cotton in ironic glass coffin (cradle to the grave)
no warm Egyptian threading breeding readiness for gluttony
falling diamond tears sizzling crisp clear breathing
Kew window sills bathing new born babies
sound, excruciating
I fit snug in the clutches of my fathers hands
like a pebble from the beach or a grain of sand
no need to speak just yet no thoughts of life nor death
no ego devouring consciousness
Picasso observed with infant eyes imprinting stillness and movement in frames
my parents heads are made of squares and hair like flames


II

green flat forest crushed under knee and palm
I'm Goliath in Galena feel my wrath
the witches pointing fingers at my frail figure - splat
giddy up Sasha white armored stallion, it's time to go to battle
for chocolates, Grandma and Mr.Aruba's lolly jar
to win the war of innocent eternity
King of cardboard castle higher than backdeck tree skeleton arms
in leafy outreach 60 feet, ruling land with iron fist
a sorcerer scepter petrified serpent from Africa
parting earthly crusted doors with minor universal disturbance
releasing quaking steaming secret sovereign silent armies
in the orange glow of the armory furnace
workers slaving steel on anvils for shields and swords
that keep death at arms reach, for King to reign in peace
(not then would it have been conceived that doom was to come to the dynasty so soon)


III

I've been left wishing I could steal fathers forgotten over 23 years
folded and carried in my pockets as notebooks
bleeding ink seeping through pant seams and skin into blood stream fueling the guilt
the crushing regret    the loss    the preventable (the maybe)    the insanity
- o despair
distressed and stretched
like wishbones under marble Davids
the steel globe overlooking Dili on the back of an ant

1 comment:

  1. Hi ! I don't remember how I discovered your blog, sorry... But thank you for following mine like I follow yours =)
    My pleasure !

    xxx

    ReplyDelete